Home Programming

Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
MEC_RMEC_R Posts: 8 Apprentice
Hello. I'm currently working on a project with 2 UR robots. I want to run them in a Master-slave mode. so, I do have a question about a scenario I'm thinking about. ist it possible to control 2 UR robots from the same PC if I am using RTDE. so I can read and write at the same time on both of them.
for better explanation:
1- execute force mode on the first robot
2- read the TCP position of the first robot and send it to the second robot as command
3- if the FT sensor on the seconde robot arised any values, I want to update my force mode on the first robot with the measured force from the second robot, so I can feel the difference.
thank you and I would appreciate your help if someone did something like this befor and would share his experience with me

Comments

• bcastetsbcastets Vacuum Beta tester Posts: 625 Expert
    What about using Modbus TCP to communicate between the 2 robots ?
  • MEC_RMEC_R Posts: 8 Apprentice
    I'm thinking about it as well. but i want to implement another scenario as well. to implement the scenario I mentioned above, I need to know if it's possible to communicate with 2 UR robots from the same time. in my scenario, I want to use the force mode in the master robot and update its values always regarding the force measured by the force/ torque sensor at the slave (kind of force feedback), so the operator on the master side could feel the difference.