Home Robotiq Products

Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
pfgpfg Posts: 3 Apprentice
Hi,

When creating a Snapshot Position, is it possible to:
1. create a base Full Calibration at an "easy" location.
2. create a "real" one (related to the first one) with New Work Plane & Position at the working location.
Something like this?

I tried but without success (at first look the robot moves in opposite direction...). I can't do Full Calibration at the working location as I get messages about not enough reachable poses and that the board is too far from the robot.

Also, I don't understand why the Full Calibration Snapshot is located at the robot's base and not at the calibration board location?

Thanks

Pierre
Tagged:

Comments

• bcastetsbcastets Vacuum Beta tester Posts: 327 Handy
    edited December 2020
    After a full calibration, it is possible to define a new work plane with one picture of the calibration board.
    First create a full calibration and then define the new work plane and snapshot position.

If the robot goes in a strange direction when it tries to pick the object after detection, it may be because the feature point use by the camLocate is not selected as Move feature.

Also, I don't understand why the Full Calibration Snapshot is located at the robot's base and not at the calibration board location?
    The position of the feature point use by the camera is random. The position does not correspond to the position of the calibration board. It is just referential point use by the camera. It is normal that the point of the full calibration is not on the calibration board.

I recommend to check the following eLearning video to learn more about how to define a new work plane:
    https://elearning.robotiq.com/course/view.php?id=5&section=10

If you still face problem, you can send more information (program, video) to [email protected] for investigation.
  • pfgpfg Posts: 3 Apprentice
    Thanks for your reply.
    bcastets said:
    First create a full calibration and then define the new work plane and snapshot position.
    That's what I did...

But I tried a few more times, starting form scratch each time and now I have something that works. Not sure why though.
    The position of the feature point use by the camera is random.
    Random? I don't think so. But I noticed that if the program has not been saved, these references are not updated in the graphic views (even though they are used correctly in the code).
    Good to know that it is now working properly!

The location of the feature point is not important.
    This point is used as a reference by the camera. The position of this reference point is updated after each object detection during program execution. The point does not need to be at a specific location like being on work plane.

You don t need to worry about the location of this point. This is use in the background by the camera.
    Also do not edit the position of this point in installation menu. This may affect the camera relative moves you have in your program.

Just for information, you can get the object location with the variable "object_location". You could eventually create a feature point and assign this variable to see object_location point on the teach pendant. This point will be on the work plane.

• pfgpfg Posts: 3 Apprentice
    I will have to do more tests to better understand how everything works. 

I'm used to Cognex cameras and here I'm frustrated with the lack of access to what's going on "behind".
    If you have any questions please let us know.

I also recommend to check our elearning contents to learn more about it.

https://elearning.robotiq.com/course/view.php?id=5