Home Programming

Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
BertJan48BertJan48 Posts: 5 Apprentice
edited October 14 in Programming
Hello, 

I have been searching for a while now but cant find a solution that works.

I would like to load and start a program on a UR10e from my python TCP/IP server application. 
Sending a popup command, like popup("Hello World"), works fine. 
But I need to have the polyscope in Remote control and so I need to start the program remotely.
I am using port 30002 and polyscope version 5.7.0

Thanks in advance,
Bert-Jan 

Best Answer

• matthewd92matthewd92 Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Posts: 1,161 Handy
    Accepted Answer
    You need to use the dashboard server commands at port 29999.  This will allow you to load a program and then play, pause or stop it remotely.  YOu can read more about the dashboard server for e-series here

Comments

• matthewd92matthewd92 Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Posts: 1,161 Handy
    You will need to enable remote control mode under settings and then choose remote control on the home screen of the pendant up in the upper right area.  You should either see manual or auto mode, click on it and you can go to remote mode.  If you have assigned a password you will need to go to auto mode before you can go to remote control
  • BertJan48BertJan48 Posts: 5 Apprentice
    Thanks for your response.
    I think my question isn't clear enough.
    The cobot is in remote control but now I need to load a program and start this program via TCP/IP socket.
    But I can't find any commands for it. When I have the cobot in remote control I can successfully send  a popup command to the cobot and the cobot shows the popup. My conclusion is the connection works. The picture below shows the code in Python to get the popup message when the cobot is in remote control.

Now I am searching for a way to load and start a program via TCP/IP.

• BertJan48BertJan48 Posts: 5 Apprentice
    You need to use the dashboard server commands at port 29999.  This will allow you to load a program and then play, pause or stop it remotely.  YOu can read more about the dashboard server for e-series here
    Thank you very much!