Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
kokikoki Posts: 2 Recruit
Although it is easy to control the axis with MoveIt for ur3e, it was difficult to control Gripper from an external PC.
Therefore, we released the Python2.7 module for controlling Robotiq 2F-85 from an external PC.

Comments

• bcastetsbcastets Vacuum Beta tester Posts: 153 Handy
    It is very interesting thank you for sharing this.
  • YiruXieYiruXie Posts: 2 Recruit
    Hello Koki, bcastets

I am not sure whether you can see my comment or not. I have tried your code in my laptop. I use Gripper 2f-140 but not 2f-85. I think they are same. But your code is by my side not work. 
    Can you tell me why your Port is 54321?
     I can't use this port to connect the UR controller. I can use Port 30003 via Socket Communication to control the Roboter controller. 
    But i can't send the code just like '\x09\x10\x03\xE8\x00\x03\x06\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00' during the UR5e' RS485 to the Gripper
    I post the image with port 30003, i can't receive the correct response. 
    Do you have any idea about how to send the message without the USB Cable?

• YiruXieYiruXie Posts: 2 Recruit
    bcastets said:
    Hello Bcastets

I guess you a expert about working with Gripper. Have you been tried this method. whether it works or not.
    thank you!
  • bcastetsbcastets Vacuum Beta tester Posts: 153 Handy
    YiruXie said:
    bcastets said:
    Hello Bcastets

I guess you a expert about working with Gripper. Have you been tried this method. whether it works or not.
    thank you!
    I did not tested it. Unfortunately I cannot help with your testing issue. You will have to check the code and instruction provided by koki.