Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
F_ReinickeF_Reinicke Posts: 6 Apprentice
Hello you all,

i'm using and UR10, FT 300 and and selfmade Endeffector.
For using the Force Control feature, of the 1.6.1 Cap, i want to calibrate the Sensor.

I tryed many different styles of moving the Robot during Calibration but it alway failed to calibrate.
The Error is discribed as:
"Calibration failed during the validation phase. Restart calibration and make sure not to apply any forces to the Force Torque Sensor throughout the process"

There are some Cables conected to the Endeffector and its around 7kg heavy.

How can i Calibrate the Sensor?
I cant detache the Cables.
Can i put in mass, Center of gravity by hand so i can use it?

Comments

  • David_LevasseurDavid_Levasseur Posts: 178Beta Tester Beetle Handy
    Hello @F_Reinicke, I opened a support ticket to help you with that.
  • Tom_ASCTom_ASC Posts: 2 Recruit

    Hi all,

    I'm having the exact same behavior on a UR5 + FT300 with heavy payload: calibration fails. End-effector total mass is roughly 5 kg. Calibrating with lower mass attached (1 kg) works fine. URCap version 1.6.1, firmware FS2-1.6.3, driver DFU-1.2.1. Did any solution come out of the support ticket mentioned? If so, where can I get it?

    Thanks!

  • David_LevasseurDavid_Levasseur Posts: 178Beta Tester Beetle Handy
    Hello @Tom_ASC, unfortunately, we were not able to calibrate the sensor because the cables of the end effector were creating too much forces on the sensor at the moment of the calibration. But I opened a support ticket for you as well so you could share pictures of your end effector and hopefully we will be able to assist you.
  • dahonoradahonora Posts: 14 Apprentice
    We had the same problem two months ago. We were working with heavy payload (8.5 kg) with an offset of the center of gravity of 160mm. At the end, we decided to go without the calibration. We didn't need very precise measurements, so it was find for us. 
  • Tom_ASCTom_ASC Posts: 2 Recruit
    It's been a while, went through a few URCap and Polyscope updates along the way but never seemed to make any difference. Similar to what dahonora described, we ended up simply using the best CoG estimate we could come up with and were able to implement our sequences to make it work. We also did not require very precise measurements, even though we're using force mode to align end-effector to external surfaces and do an insertion task. 
Sign In or Register to comment.
Left ArrowBack to discussions page