Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
StudentStudent Posts: 21 Apprentice
edited April 2017 in Programming
Hi!

I want to generate from the UR10 a txt file with information about the different measures, for example:

Hole 702: OK
Hole 79: NOK (bad precision)

Is that possible? If not, which would be the best option? I understand that I need a script (Matlab, C, LabView...) with a TCP server to receive the information from the cobot and then generate the txt. But I have to send the strings one by one?

I mean, I want to do a complete cycle with the cobot (taking different measures) and generate a txt with the results.

Thanks!

Best Answer

Comments

• StudentStudent Posts: 21 Apprentice
    Thanks, @matthewd92 Solved. Finally I used LabView to receive and create a .txt file with all the strings sent by the cobot. Now I can receive multiple strings over TCP/IP and the function "socket_send_string" with the results of my measures.
  • matthewd92matthewd92 Posts: 826Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Handy
    You're welcome. 
  • mariem_werfelli22mariem_werfelli22 Posts: 13 Apprentice
    Hi!
    I'm also using labview as server  and UR10 as a client so my robot can send data to labview but i can't send data from labview to Robot so i hope that somebody give me a solution for that
  • matthewd92matthewd92 Posts: 826Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Handy
    Generally to send data you will have the robot request the data and then wait for the response from the server so something like this:

# Example of asking camera to trigger and send results
    socket_send_string("trigger", "camera")
    results = socket_read_string("camera") #has two second timeout by default, there are other methods for other data types such as float, binary integer, byte list, etc

You will need a handler on the server that when the request from the robot is made, what to respond back with 
  • mariem_werfelli22mariem_werfelli22 Posts: 13 Apprentice
    Hi Mathew, 

can you give me an exemple from labview because i used the command " Socket_read_ascii_float(6)" to recieve data from server to client
    I have never used Labview to control a robot so unfortunately I cannot give you that.