Home Programming

Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
StudentStudent Posts: 21 Apprentice
edited April 2017 in Programming
Hi!

I want to generate from the UR10 a txt file with information about the different measures, for example:

Hole 702: OK
Hole 79: NOK (bad precision)

Is that possible? If not, which would be the best option? I understand that I need a script (Matlab, C, LabView...) with a TCP server to receive the information from the cobot and then generate the txt. But I have to send the strings one by one?

I mean, I want to do a complete cycle with the cobot (taking different measures) and generate a txt with the results.

Thanks!

Best Answer

Comments

• StudentStudent Posts: 21 Apprentice
    Thanks, @matthewd92 Solved. Finally I used LabView to receive and create a .txt file with all the strings sent by the cobot. Now I can receive multiple strings over TCP/IP and the function "socket_send_string" with the results of my measures.
  • matthewd92matthewd92 Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Posts: 1,113 Handy
    You're welcome. 
  • mariem_werfelli22mariem_werfelli22 Posts: 13 Apprentice
    Hi!
    I'm also using labview as server  and UR10 as a client so my robot can send data to labview but i can't send data from labview to Robot so i hope that somebody give me a solution for that
  • matthewd92matthewd92 Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Posts: 1,113 Handy
    Generally to send data you will have the robot request the data and then wait for the response from the server so something like this:

# Example of asking camera to trigger and send results
    socket_send_string("trigger", "camera")
    results = socket_read_string("camera") #has two second timeout by default, there are other methods for other data types such as float, binary integer, byte list, etc

You will need a handler on the server that when the request from the robot is made, what to respond back with 
  • mariem_werfelli22mariem_werfelli22 Posts: 13 Apprentice
    Hi Mathew, 

can you give me an exemple from labview because i used the command " Socket_read_ascii_float(6)" to recieve data from server to client
    I have never used Labview to control a robot so unfortunately I cannot give you that.