Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
Annick_MottardAnnick_Mottard Posts: 147Beta Tester Beetle, Wrist Camera URCap 1.3.0 Handy
edited December 2018 in Robotiq Products
Hello Pros,

On September 5, 2018, while the Robotiq User Conference (RUC) was in full swing, Robotiq announced the release of the Force Copilot software package, which started shipping October 9, 2018. 

It includes a very intuitive user interface as well as application-specific force-sensitive commands for both the FT 300 Force Torque Sensor on CB-Series robots, and the sensor on-board the e-Series robots. Browse to the support product page of the FT 300 Force Torque Sensor or that of Force Copilot to download the URCap and benefit from all the useful feats.

The package comprises the proven and reliable Path, Zero FT Sensor and ActiveDrive Toolbar, but also boasts the re-spin of recent sure bets such as the Insertion, Find Surface and Force Control nodes.

What is new here is the Multipoint Path. The Multipoint Path node is an advanced version of the Path node, combining complex trajectory recording and point-to-point teaching, with the option to define each segment as a straight line or as a curve.

Cheers!
Annick Mottard
Product Expert
Robotiq
[email protected] 

Comments

• DBartonDBarton Posts: 1 Recruit
    Is there any way to make the multi-point path relative?
  • louis_bergeronlouis_bergeron Posts: 94Beta Tester Beetle, Wrist Camera URCap 1.3.0, Vacuum Beta tester Handy
    @DBarton

At this moment, it's not possible.  But we would like to add this feature in a near future.  If you have a particular application, don't hesitate to contact our support team.

Louis Bergeron
    Integration Coach
    robotiq.com
    [email protected]
  • Brittaney541Brittaney541 Posts: 34 Apprentice
    Hi just noticed above In the image it says to use USB dongle to unlock the built in force sensor On the UR5e. Can you explain that to me a little more or maybe send a link on how to unlock and use the force sensor. Thank you !
  • mathieu_theriaultmathieu_theriault Posts: 21 Apprentice
    Hi @Brittaney541

For eSeries robots, you need to buy a Force Copilot license to unlock the features on the URCap.

For CB controllers, you need to buy the FT300 sensor itself.
    Is there a way that I can just access it through script?
  • mathieu_theriaultmathieu_theriault Posts: 21 Apprentice
    @Brittaney541

You absolutely need the Force Copilot license to unlock the features of our URCap.
  • louis_bergeronlouis_bergeron Posts: 94Beta Tester Beetle, Wrist Camera URCap 1.3.0, Vacuum Beta tester Handy
    Hi @Brittaney541,

Just to make a little clarification.  The E-series built-in FT sensor can be accessed without the dongle.  All the software tool Robotiq has built to make it easy to use is protected by this dongle.
    Louis Bergeron
    Integration Coach
    robotiq.com
    [email protected]

Thanks so much @louis_bergeron!! So I can use the feature but won't have the simplicity of the URCap

• manishmanish Posts: 2 Recruit
    @DBarton

At this moment, it's not possible.  But we would like to add this feature in a near future.  If you have a particular application, don't hesitate to contact our support team.

Hi @DBarton - is there any workaround to this? I'd like to be able use the 'Find Surface' option and then once a surface is found, draw a path relative to that. I know I can use the 'record path' option but I want to be able to precisely set my coordinates.
    @manish

With our latest URCap, Finishing Copilot, you can now use Multipoint Path relative to the actual position like the path recording.  It's also now possible to program Path recording, Multipoint Path and Path generator relative to a feature.  We also have a special node called Find Contact Offset to recalculate a feature position based on a touch sequence.    

Louis Bergeron
    Integration Coach
    robotiq.com
    [email protected]