DoF - a Robotiq Community
Warning sign
The Dof Community was shut down in June 2023. This is a read-only archive.
If you have questions about Robotiq products please reach our support team.
T800_412

@T800_412 to add onto what @Enric said, if you want to use closer to singularity (outside the calibration area in the picture Enric posted) you can use the copy feature of the calibration. Basically run a calibration in a workable area and then copy it to an area closer to singularities. This will work if you are on the same workplane.
When you say same workplane, do you just mean the same orientation, but further away?

The wheel I want to inspect is positioned as you would see a tire on a car, so the camera is looking at it from the side to see the full diameter of it. I could put the calibration board higher off the table, and further away from the robot base, which would then allow the arm to move around as it needs to for calibration. Will that work?

T800_412

@Etienne_SamsonEtienne_Samson said:

@T800_412 to add onto what @Enric said, if you want to use closer to singularity (outside the calibration area in the picture Enric posted) you can use the copy feature of the calibration. Basically run a calibration in a workable area and then copy it to an area closer to singularities. This will work if you are on the same workplane. object
Could you please explain how to copy feature of the calibration? I am in this same predicament again, this time the arm hits a physical object.