Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
drleakedrleake ApprenticePosts: 3 Apprentice
I'm trying to figure out how to send a string over messaging or some other way to the dashboard server so that I can start, stop, deal with safety issues and reset the robot without having to get to the TP, which maybe unreachable at times. This needs to be done from the PLC. 

Comments

• matthewd92matthewd92 Handy Posts: 945Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Handy
    I’m not overly familiar with the AB software but have you checked out this resource. http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/at/enet-at002_-en-p.pdf#page26

it gives you the instructions for opening the socket and then writing to it and receiving back a response. 

Anyone else done this?
  • drleakedrleake Apprentice Posts: 3 Apprentice
    Yes, I've gone through trying to make that work, but it's designed to set up sockets between two or more AB controllers. I kept getting the "Unavailable service error" because the robot wasn't compatible, is my thought at least. Hopefully someone out there has made this work. 
  • matthewd92matthewd92 Handy Posts: 945Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Handy
    People are using that document to connect the AB to a server running on a PC so should work. What type of connection did you try to establish?
  • drleakedrleake Apprentice Posts: 3 Apprentice
    I was using the socket create service for a message routine and I was getting an error back, 16#0008 unsupported service requested.