Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
Robotiq_CustomerRobotiq_Customer Posts: 123 Apprentice

I connected FT150 to my UR5 and i get all the forces right with \'test_Sensor\' program on Polyscope.

Thing is, when I instal all Windows software and run \'driverSensor.exe\' I only get black screen. Why is that? Thank you a lot.

Best Answer

Comments

• Etienne_SamsonEtienne_Samson Posts: 417Beta Tester Beetle, Wrist Camera URCap 1.3.0, Vacuum Beta tester Handy

In order to help you, we would need a little more information.
    When you say that you are trying to install the Windows software, are you trying to install this on your PC? If so what version of Windows are you running?

Note that the drivers for UR and for a PC are not the same. You can download all drivers from our support webpage.And find the installation procedure of the developpement package for windows in the manual, section 4 : http://support.robotiq.com/display/FTS/4.1.2+Windows.

Best regards

Etienne Samson
    Technical Support Director
    +1 418-380-2788 ext. 207
    [email protected]
  • Robotiq_CustomerRobotiq_Customer Posts: 123 Apprentice

Hello there.
    First of all, thank you a lot for your response. Thing is, I managed to get it working, but I still need your help, if you could please help me. I need to read sensor data from my C# script, is there a way i could do that? Write to a file or directly read it? I'm new to programming and I working on a project. That's the reason we got your sensor. How could i get data of it and use it in a C# script.
    Thank you a lot.

• Etienne_SamsonEtienne_Samson Posts: 417Beta Tester Beetle, Wrist Camera URCap 1.3.0, Vacuum Beta tester Handy

Yes you can do that, you could export data to a CSV file or read it directly...

If you have successfully installed the dev package SDP-1.0.1 you should have those variables available. When you compile as-is and run, you should have all variables (Fx, Fy, Fz, Mx, My, Mz) updating real-time and ready to use.
    I would recommend you to just copy the provided program and add your instructions.

Etienne Samson
    Technical Support Director
    +1 418-380-2788 ext. 207
    [email protected]
  • Robotiq_CustomerRobotiq_Customer Posts: 123 Apprentice

Thank you Etienne, this was everything I needed to know about the connection and how it works, within a day or 2 I got it working. All good now.