Home Programming

Discussion

Comments

2>
  • nedaesnedaes Posts: 7 Apprentice
    @ matthewd92:
    Thanks for your explanation and your help. I translate the Gcode, create servoj command and publish them with 10 HZ. It works well!

• matthewd92matthewd92 Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Posts: 1,250 Handy
    That’s awesome, glad to hear you have it working 
  • lakshmip001lakshmip001 Partner Posts: 41 Apprentice
    I am working on using URrobot for spray painitng applicaion. So I need to program robot with constant tool speed and move in a straight .I tried using movel, using it i can move in straight but tool speed is not constant. Can I use servoj() for maintaining constant tool speed and moving in a straight line trajectory?
  • nedaesnedaes Posts: 7 Apprentice
    Yes. Try to use servoj() in the correct form. Also, it gives you smoother movements rather than Move commands.
  • George1969George1969 Posts: 4 Apprentice
    VT_340 said:
    Hi! Yes I managed that you can see here:

Do you need realtime change of your path? Or is it OK to once generate your trajectory and then just give the robot a go to perform a certain movement?
    Could you tell me how did you write the program for UR to draw spline? I'm beginner in robots, but I think is very interesting. Sorry for my poor English, I hope you understand me.

Thanks in advance.

• UthiraUthira Posts: 3 Apprentice
    Hello,
    I was hoping to ask if someone could explain me how i can use servoj function for specifying joint velocities and joint acceleration value ( which are 6d both) to do trajectory planning?
    I am also trying to do a smooth trajectory planning for any random shape.
  • matthewd92matthewd92 Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Posts: 1,250 Handy
    With servoj you do not specify acceleration and velocity, you supply joint positions each clock cycle where the robot should be. This requires that something is determining those positions and serving the values to the robot. It could be another script that is running calculating the position or another device which is using an interface (RTDE, TCP/IP, Fieldbus, etc) to give the positions to the robot. You’re responsible for providing the acceleration Poole in the motion sequence you send to the servoj.