Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
mhowemhowe Posts: 28Partner Apprentice
edited February 8 in Programming
Hello all,

I have an application where I need to make two circles without the robot stopping after the first. Basically have the UR seamlessly transition into the second loop. However no matte what we do the UR either stops, makes a crazy unexpected move, skips over the loop and only does one circle.

Best Answer

Comments

• matthewd92matthewd92 Posts: 521Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Handy
    @mhowe how fast do you need the robot to make the two moves?  Is it the same circle?  Can you upload a video of what it's currently doing. 
  • mhowemhowe Posts: 28Partner Apprentice
    The circle will be about 650 mm in about 7 seconds. Yes it will be the same circle. If I put moveP and 8 waypoints with a blend I am able to get a good circle, but with the circle move it fails. Unfortunately I am unable to record it at this time.
  • matthewd92matthewd92 Posts: 521Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Handy
    So a circumference of 650 mm or a circumference of 325 mm done twice?
    We did this, and it works great  ( Think of this as a mixer making cake )
    Loop 2 times
    MoveP Waypoint_1
    CircleMove
        Waypoint_2
        Waypoint_3
    CircleMove
        Waypoint_4
        Waypoint_1
    Now a moveL prior to that for bringing the robot in the machine, somehow prevents it from completing the second circle. A popup says blend radius is to small
    Circumference is 2.042m
    mhowe said:
    We did this, and it works great  ( Think of this as a mixer making cake )
    Loop 2 times
    MoveP Waypoint_1
    CircleMove
        Waypoint_2
        Waypoint_3
    CircleMove
        Waypoint_4
        Waypoint_1
    Now a moveL prior to that for bringing the robot in the machine, somehow prevents it from completing the second circle. A popup says blend radius is to small
    What blend radius do you have on the movel?  Is it inside the loop or outside?  It should be outside the loop.  
    It's prior to the loop. Just powered up the robot and threw in a sync after waypoint_1 and it works, but not perfect. When I suppress the sync it says MoveC blend radius to small. 

This seems like it should be an easy fix but its putting up a fight.

MoveL
      Way
      Way
    Loop 2 times
    MoveP Waypoint_1
    CircleMove
        Waypoint_2
        Waypoint_3
    CircleMove
        Waypoint_4
        Waypoint_1 sync()
    Here is the program. It gets the job done but it sounds rough on the joints with the sync(). Any other way to replace the sync()?
    That way has worked in the past for us. A bunch of MoveP way points with a blend radius makes a nice circle and has no transitioning problems but the MoveC seems to not like a MoveL after.