Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
MrTylerMrTyler Posts: 2 Recruit
I am running a small program where I need the robot to change speed rather drastically. I have found that using a stopl(1.0) for example lets the robot decelerate and stop before moving on. Everything I have found says that after a stopl() or stopj() the robot will continue on with the program but for some reason my program stops and never continues. anyone have any suggestions? It would be greatly appreciated. 
Tagged:

Comments

• nsteldernstelder Posts: 5 Apprentice
    edited September 2018
    You could slow everything down by changing the slider speed in a script. 
    socket_open("127.0.0.1",30002)
    socket_send_line("set speed 0.10") socket_close()
    For 10% you set the speed to 0.10, when you want to speed up you simply run the script again with the speed set to 1.0. 

• matthewd92matthewd92 Posts: 895Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Handy
    You can actually send this in as multiple string commands as well so that you can use a variable in the structure, UR docs are here 

var speed=0.1
    socket_open(“127.0.0.1”,30002)
    socket_send_string(“set speed”)
    socket_send_string(speed)
    socket_send_byte(10)
    socket_close()

The send byte line is needed so that the server mnows you are done sending jn the command in the command and execute, it’s the end of line character. 

This would allow you to use something in the program dynamic to drive the actual speed slider such as tying it to an digital or analog input.