Roles No Roles
Full Name Sander Verbeek
I've been working on a VNC solution for the robots, thought I could as well share it with you guys:
- Connect the robot to the internet and make sure it has an IP adress configured (DHCP/Static).
- Connect to the SSH shell using putty (user:root / pass:easybot)
- Run "apt-get update" and "apt-get install x11vnc". (I didn't want to break anything, so I didn't do an upgrade!).
- Run "x11vnc -storepasswd YOURPASSWORD /etc/x11vnc.pass"
- Edit ~/xsession as PierreOlivier_Proulx said, adding: "/usr/bin/x11vnc -xkb -noxrecord -noxfixes -noxdamage -display :0 -rfbauth /etc/x11vnc.pass -rfbport 5900 -forever -auth root -bg -o /var/log/x11vnc.log" at the beginning of the file (after the #!/bin/bash).This starts a x11 VNC server, with all the necessary options to make it run on background forever.
I'm using UltraVNC Viewer to connect to the VNC server.
Hope this helps some of you!