DoF - a Robotiq Community
Warning sign
The Dof Community was shut down in June 2023. This is a read-only archive.
If you have questions about Robotiq products please reach our support team.
vickailiu

@matthewd92, any idea how can we get the log in realtime? As we want to control the robot in realtime and get the warning from PC asap.

matthewd92

It is being streamed on port 30001, you will need to be able to decode the message packets to find the logs.  There is more information on what is coming out of that port here

Using that data you would be able to get access to the log files, we do not decode that data today so not sure what you would be looking for in the message.  The log files are message type 20, text message I believe.  Look at the tab "3.0" for a list of all the messages that are being broadcast.

Would be interested to know if you are able to get this working.

vickailiu

It is being streamed on port 30001, you will need to be able to decode the message packets to find the logs.  There is more information on what is coming out of that port here

Using that data you would be able to get access to the log files, we do not decode that data today so not sure what you would be looking for in the message.  The log files are message type 20, text message I believe.  Look at the tab "3.0" for a list of all the messages that are being broadcast.

Would be interested to know if you are able to get this working.
Hi Matthew, good to know. I let my engineer intern tried and we managed to get it working. We used the "ur_modern_driver" and here is the commit for the key message unpacking. It may not be optimized and need some tweak if anyone wants to use it. But the bottom line is that it works for us.