Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
alibalib Posts: 5 Apprentice
Hi, I am wondering if it possible to find a part (same one) from multiple positions, i.e. so you can look for a part over a larger surface area in one program, but only have to teach part and pick up once? At the moment i am teaching part and movel for each snapshop position, but it  seems like UR should know the part after being taught once?

Comments

• David_GariepyDavid_Gariepy Posts: 30 Handy
    Hi Alib,

You can do this by using the script command: "ignore_snapshot_position = True" before each additional camera locate. Then just copy and paste your camera locate and movel. 
    But you need to keep the same distance from the part you want to detect. 
  • alibalib Posts: 5 Apprentice
    Thanks David! I'll give that a go
    Sorry David, quick one (apologies for ignorance, new at this), did you do this in the PolyScope GUI interface or UR control. I'm just creating programs through the GUI on the pendant, when i put a script code command like above just in front of a second Camera Locate it won't compile as says it's not defined... "ignore_snapshot_position" doesn't come up in program variables, and is too long to create manually in variables section....
    edited March 28
    Click advance tab --> Script code and enter the following script code :
     ignore_snapshot_position= True

Thanks David, sorry I figured out what I was doing wrong I used the equals sign that comes up in the script editor, but it has a ? over it, instead used = from keyboard. Works a treat now, have UR exploring larger space for same part and only had to teach it once! 

By the way how did you find the names for the variables of the camera?

• matthewd92matthewd92 Posts: 414Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Handy
    @David_Gariepy I looked at the online documents for the camera and don't see any reference to the variables that are available.  Are these documented anywhere?
    No this is not documented as it's not an official function yet. 
    Note that using this function might affect precision. 
  • Tyler_BerrymanTyler_Berryman Posts: 108 Handy
    @alib , Here is a program template for this exact application: http://dof.robotiq.com/discussion/700/increasing-the-wrist-cameras-field-of-view#latest

Please don't hesitate if you have any questions!