Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
SebastienSebastien Posts: 194 Handy
Hi pros,
A connector connected to a sensor that is connected directly into our UR robot controller got pulled out. When it got damaged, we believe the connections may have shorten for a small amount of time. So we replaced the sensor and connections and when we tried to get back up and running we had an error saying that there was no 24VDC supplied to the safety board. After discussing this with some other people we ended up hooking an external 24VDC power supply to the IO power alimentation and now it works but we were told that we would need to replace the entire safety control board which is quite expensive. It just does not make sense to me that there is no fuse that can be replaced that are protecting the IOs. I am guessing since this is quite basic someone else ran into this problem. What did you guys ended up doing? Is UR replacing this under warranty?

In the futur we will definitively do some modifications to the controller to protect this but with the price we pay for the robots I would expect it to be better protected against IOs shortages. 

Comments

• matthewd92matthewd92 Posts: 385Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Handy
    We've had IO shorts in the past and it didn't damage the robot, just caused the controller to fault. But I agree about protection, there should be a breaker to protect the system. 
  • SebastienSebastien Posts: 194 Handy
    @matthewd92
    Do you remember the error that you were getting. Ours was C192A20 SPI Output Error detected.

Do you know how to fix this error?
  • matthewd92matthewd92 Posts: 385Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Handy
    As I believe the 24V being fed to the circuits is actually coming of the SCB I think the only thing you can do is replace the card, unfortunately the fuses that are on the board are not replaceable.  Since its a safety card I would not recommend changing the fuses even if you could unsolder them from the board.  You might want to check them though just to see if they are blown.  I would guess that they are not since external 24V is working.  More than likely its a blown buck converter that drops the 48V supply to 24V for consumption.