Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
kawhittkawhitt Posts: 3 Apprentice
Is it possible to automatically send a command to an external device (PLC), indicating that safety settings have been changed?  Or, using a PLC, fetch the safety settings from the robot, to verify that they have not been changed?  I have been told that a competitive robot manufacturer has that ability on his collaborative robot.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Comments

• matthewd92matthewd92 Posts: 418 Handy
    edited February 15
    Which settings are you referring to?  Do you mean the configurable IO, normal and reduced mode settings?  Looking at the documentation for the streaming port 30001 it appears that you can get back some of the configuration data for the joints such as range and max speed but I am not seeing anything specific to the configurable I/O or the normal/reduced mode settings.

@Stefan_Stubgaard any way to get this information remotely?
  • kawhittkawhitt Posts: 3 Apprentice

Their specific question was "is there a way to monitor (externally) when the safety torque setting has been changed on the UR robot".  I interpret that to mean that the maximum speed or force was changed. Or, that the reduced mode speed or force was changed.

I did not see any type of "get" commands that provide this type of information...

• kawhittkawhitt Posts: 3 Apprentice

@matthewd92 ; Yes.  That is helpful.  I will be able to tell them, without equivocating, that it can be monitored so that changes can be noted.  And, in fact, the screen can be locked so that, regardless of password control, the screen to change the settings cannot be accessed.

thank-you.

• matthewd92matthewd92 Posts: 418 Handy
    @kawhitt So one thing to note, the ability to change the user level can be done from any computer, all you need is something that allows you to connect to a TCP/IP socket as a client and send the text string.  We use SocketTest for this and it works really easy.  So if they want to hide the program screen you just simply send the string "setUserRole operator" and it locks out the program screen from the user so there is now no way to get to the safety screen in the installation tab to make any changes

This also locks them out of the ability to make any actual changes to the robot set-up outside of language and calibrating the screen