Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
abeachy_HG24abeachy_HG24 Posts: 76 Apprentice

One of our grippers is not responding. the LED on the gripper is a solid red light. I can not activate the gripper from the toolbar. I also tried creating a program with script to reset and then activate the gripper but that did not work either. I checked the cable and the wires and those seem to be okay. I also reinstalled the URcaps 1.0.2. This UR is running 3.3.4.310.

Comments

• Etienne_SamsonEtienne_Samson Posts: 325 Handy
    @abeachy_HG24 have you tried swaping coupling? We should try to isolate the source of this, it could be a defect / bad connection within the coupling or within the Gripper.

If it's the coupling we will send you a replacement right away. If it's the Gripper we will do a RMA for repair at Robotiq.
    Etienne Samson
    Technical Support Manager - Responsable soutien technique
    +01 418-380-2788 ext. 207
    esamson@robotiq.com
  • abeachy_HG24abeachy_HG24 Posts: 76 Apprentice
    @Etienne_samson I swapped out the coupling and now the gripper LED is blue but I still can not do operate it.
    @abeachy_HG24 blue LED means active communication, so you should be able to send command to it. Do you see or hear anything when you activate? Gripper most probably have an electric or mechanical issue. Send your information (serial number) by replying to the Zendesk ticket we opened. Your gripper are all covered by warranty, we will send you the procedure to return it.
    Etienne Samson
    esamson@robotiq.com
    @Etienne_samson At first I could not do anything from the gripper toolbar. I ran a program with rq_reset() and then an rq_activate_and_wait(), after resetting the LED startng flashing red and blue but it would not activate. I stopped the program and tried from the toolbar and it worked after a few attempts.
    @abeachy_HG24 blue&red means a firmware issue most probably. Are you using that gripper on the camera or on its own coupling? Keep tracking this it's not normal behavior at all... It could also give you the blue & red if its over temperature. Anything on that side?
    Etienne Samson
    esamson@robotiq.com
    @Etienne_samson I was using it with its original coupling when it wasn't working and switched to a different coupling and that is when I saw the blue&red LED. It shouldn't be over temperature. It hadn't been used in over a week before I noticed it.