Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
drfraggelsdrfraggels Posts: 3 Apprentice
edited January 13 in Robotiq Products
Hello,
I want to detect a hole where I want to insert a screw. The Problem is the hole is to small -> Object is smaller then one grid cell. I tried getting closer to the hole but then the working space is to small. Does somebody have any hints how to fix this problem? Is it possible to connect any camera with the UR5 or has it to be the wrist camera?

Best Regrads!

Best Answer

Comments

• Annick_MottardAnnick_Mottard Posts: 109 Handy
    @drfraggels I opened a support ticket to know more about your application and setup. 
    Annick Mottard
    Product Expert
    Robotiq
    a.mottard@robotiq.com 
  • drfraggelsdrfraggels Posts: 3 Apprentice
    edited January 19
    If I go on the camera Dashboard and switch the Vision server off I can change the parameters of the camera (Troubleshoot) for example brightness and focus, is there any possibility to safe this changes? I tried saving a new Installation file, but if I start the Vision Server again the changes of the camera are gone, if i don´t start the server and just look into troubleshoot again the changes are still there.
  • Etienne_SamsonEtienne_Samson Posts: 319 Handy
    @drfraggels those settings are only for troubleshooting purpose. When the vision systems runs, those settings are automatically adjusted and overwritten, you cannot save them. What are you trying to accomplish ? Any parts challenging you ?
    Etienne Samson
    Technical Support Manager - Responsable soutien technique
    +01 418-380-2788 ext. 207
    esamson@robotiq.com
  • drfraggelsdrfraggels Posts: 3 Apprentice
    @Etienne_Samson I want to locate a M3 hole on aluminium parts, the camera should locate the hole pick up a screw and put it in the hole.
  • Etienne_SamsonEtienne_Samson Posts: 319 Handy
    @drfraggels a M3 hole is unfortuneately out of our minimum size specified in the spec sheet. So as of today, this kind of application is not supported.
    Etienne Samson
    Technical Support Manager - Responsable soutien technique
    +01 418-380-2788 ext. 207
    esamson@robotiq.com
  • matthewd92matthewd92 Posts: 385Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Handy
    We have a couple of UR robots deployed with SICK Inspector PIM60 cameras.  SICK also offers a UR+ Cap for the camera that works pretty well if you just need pick and place or to locate a feature in a part.  We are actually not using the cap as we wanted to process the images prior to sending them to the robot so we have a RPC server that the robot uses to talk to the cameras.  

The cameras can also be connected directly to the robot and communicate over TCP/IP sockets or with hard wired I/O.

Another great thing about the cap is allows you to return up to 16 additional values beyond, X, Y and Rz that can be used for dimensional inspection or anything that you want the camera to return to you so it would be possible to do inspection on the fly