Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
SebastienSebastien Posts: 194 Handy
Hey Pros,

I was wondering if there is a software that exists to guide me and my customers through a risk assessment. Has anyone used a particular software they can share? 
Tagged:

Comments

• GilGil Posts: 5 Apprentice
    edited October 2016
    Hi Sebastian,
    Have a look at Siemens Tecnomatix Process Simulate application. Plenty of movies in YouTube. One specific movie presents exactly what you're looking for: simulation of UR5 and human that places a product in an assembly station. It shows how risk assessment can be made based on robot motion, the working volume of the pick&place operation and human swept volume, robot speed and more. Various alternatives can be easily evaluated to reduce risk while meeting required cycle time.
    Watch movie here: 

• SebastienSebastien Posts: 194 Handy
    @Gil
    This is a really nice software. I see that you can really optimise robot operation at each point while still maintaining safety parameters within acceptable range. However this looks like a really complex software. How long would it take for someone to start from scratch and do that demo that you showed? How is programming human motion, since these can have quite complicated motion because of the degress of freedom on the human body? Any price ideas for this software?

@Sebastien it's not a tool that you simply start playing with and understand how to operate. It requires some training, can be self training. RobotExpert is an entry level for Process Simulate. watch these movies to get a feeling. There are few wizards that helps user to program human tasks - you are not expected to define each body part motion separately. Search youtube for Process Simulate human simulation  - some show how to build the operation.
  • rangyarangya Posts: 1 Recruit
    Hello, we have launched new Robot risk assessment software. You can go to robotsafetycenter.com for more information. Also, let me know if you would like to have 30 days trial copy.
    @rangya I would like to evaluate your software. I did not see a download option in your web site. How do I get a 30 days trial?
  • Derek_CoulsonDerek_Coulson Posts: 1 Recruit
    COMPLIANCE Risk Software is about to be launched in the UK, it is aimed at CE marking of machinery. It is checklist based, you go through a checklist and answer Yes/No/Not Applicable, if yes or N/A a positive (editable) answer is posted, If No, a risk assessment is carried out using a Hazard Rating Number method. There is a pool of sample risk assessments that can be linked and edited, and photographs added to show before and after, with a box for signing off. 

There is a checklist for ISO 10218-2.  The software is due to launch before the end of this year www.compliancerisksoftware.co.uk. It is aimed at primarily European suppliers, but can be used for any standard that a checklist can be produced for.

Derek Coulson

www.safemachine.co.uk    
  • matthewd92matthewd92 Posts: 378Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Handy
    rangya said:
    Hello, we have launched new Robot risk assessment software. You can go to robotsafetycenter.com for more information. Also, let me know if you would like to have 30 days trial copy.
    We would be interested in a 30 day trial as well.
  • pfspfs Posts: 1 Recruit
    I attach the link of Raswin (www.raswin.eu), it is a Machine Functional Safety Software. We could do risk assessment by hazards or task, add corrective measures using a wizard based on ISO standards, safety requirements specification, PL estimation and validation. The software is in English, German, Dutch, Spanish, French, Italian and Portuguese. The last improvement is a wizard to do collaborative application projects.