DoF - a Robotiq Community
Warning sign
The Dof Community was shut down in June 2023. This is a read-only archive.
If you have questions about Robotiq products please reach our support team.
abeachy_HG24

Thanks for the feedback!

matthewd92

The casing+fingers of all our grippers are in anodized aluminium. You can change the pads of the 2-finger gripper depending of your application. To learn more on this aspect, there is a good blog post by Mat: http://blog.robotiq.com/custom-gripper-fingertip-design-tips-and-library

Feel free to ask more questions about our grippers: we are very prood of it! And if you have any comments, we are always happy to have feedback of our customers to continuously improve our products. 
I was reading the blog post from @mathbelanger as referenced in your reply above and saw that you offer other finger tips for the gripper.  I have not seen those options before, are they on the website?  Also, there is a nice graphic in the article that shows different grips but I can't get it to enlarge nor can I find it on the website.  We are often having to make custom fingers for the grippers for various applications but maybe we could use an off-the-shelf solution instead saving us valuable time and money possibly.  If you don't own a machine shop custom fingers can get pricey.

Karine_Simard