Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
SebastienSebastien Posts: 199 Handy
Hi Pros, how do you project the UR tech pendant image on a screen? Any tips to show where you click? Alternatively, how can you do a screencast? I think that this would be pretty useful in training my customers.

Comments

• Grady_TurnerGrady_Turner Posts: 67 Handy
    @Sebastien I have used a DVI to DVI and HDMI splitter to project the pendant onto a screen, while still being able to use the pendant as normal.  The display is just over DVI, and the touch function and probably some other functionality is through the VGA cable.

I have never tested taking the pendant screen (besides just display) to another device.  You could try just taking the cables to a different screen directly from the motherboard, but I have a feeling it may not work because the safety system communicates with the pendant.  It may be that you can only split the display for projection purposes
  • As @Grady_Turner mentioned, one option is to use a DVI-splitter so you still can use the teach pendant to operate PolyScope.

Another option is to directly connect a screen to the DVI-output of the motherboard and then connect a USB-mouse for operating PolyScope on your external screen.

@Stefan_Stubgaard  Can you give some details on what would cause the loss of communication to the teach pendant?
  • If you mean the DVI-signal, it is important that the screen is connected before the system is powered up as the controlbox checks if a monitor is present.
    @Stefan_Stubgaard I am referring to the safety system fault "loss of communication with teach pendant."   Which cable going to the pendant is the one necessary for the safety system?
  • @Grady_Turner TP cable consists of four cables:

USB extension cable

DVI-cable for screen

RS232 cable for touch function

RS485 cable for communication with Safety Control Board

So it will be the last one that leads up to the SCB if communication is lost

• manjunathmanjunath Posts: 4 Apprentice
    @Sebastien I have used a DVI to DVI and HDMI splitter to project the pendant onto a screen, while still being able to use the pendant as normal.  The display is just over DVI, and the touch function and probably some other functionality is through the VGA cable.

I have never tested taking the pendant screen (besides just display) to another device.  You could try just taking the cables to a different screen directly from the motherboard, but I have a feeling it may not work because the safety system communicates with the pendant.  It may be that you can only split the display for projection purposes
    Hi Mr. Grady, 
    i have used a DVI male to 2 DVI female splitter then connected 1 side to teach pendent and the other to a VGA monitor via DVI to VGA connnector.
    NO video on the external monitor and on the TP when both TP and the monitor is connected to the splitter,
    NO video on the external monitor, when only monitor is connected to the splitter
    YES video on teach pendent when TP, when TP alone is connected to the splitter

please suggest a solution to connect with the external monitor, also suggest a compatible splitter
    i am using the splitter found in the below link
    http://www.ebay.in/itm/262574814063?aff_source=Sok-Goog
  • Stefan_StubgaardStefan_Stubgaard Posts: 39 Handy
    @manjunath I will recommend using an active DVI-splitter instead of the passive splitter as seen on your link.
    We have good experience with Lindy 2-port splitter and it is affordable as well:
    https://www.lindy.co.uk/audio-video-c2/splitters-c159/2-port-dvi-d-video-splitter-p1547

One important notice is to have all parts connected before you power up the controller, this way it should always work.
  • manjunathmanjunath Posts: 4 Apprentice
    @Stefan_Stubgaard,
    Thank you for a quick response, i will try to connect as you suggested.