DoF - a Robotiq Community
Warning sign
The Dof Community was shut down in June 2023. This is a read-only archive.
If you have questions about Robotiq products please reach our support team.
Sebastien
Simon
matthewd92

Shao said:
@matthewd92 @Sebastien Hi, I know an offline system for UR that is under development :) The Alpha version was already very helpful.

Could you tell me what application do you want to do with a UR and offline tool? What price is acceptable for you? How about 199$/Year?
We would look to do a lot of our applications offline if I could pull in the CAD data for the work cell as this would allow us to get very close to a final product prior to having the cell built allowing us to accelerate development.

I think price will be totally dependent on what the features of the software is.  Obviously, as a start-up price is always a concern and most of the systems that I looked at last year were just too far out of range for now (>$10k per seat) even though the features they had would be great to have

Simon

@Sebastien
Fair point - our focus is definitely solving tricky things easily with a robot - hardware independent and without expert knowledge. Especially force- or vision adaptive robot control is what we are passionate about. This makes our software currently shine especially for all kinds of assembly involving flexible materials / imprecisions - e.g.
a recent example by Essert from cabling .

But our software provides as well offline programming functions (path-planning, collision avoidance, cycle-time estimation, CAD support), which we have extended recently. Key difference to the other tools is the more attractive pricing, focus on the robot cell only (not an entire automation line) and support of UR, Denso & Kuka robots only. As we are extending features our documentation & marketing material lags a bit behind, a short impression can be found
here .

We're happy to give anyone interested in our software a personal online introduction (TeamViewer, Skype or Skype Business) - just drop us an email to support@artiminds.com and propose a timeslot (ca 1h) convenient for you a couple of days in advance. And for sure there is a 30 days trial version available - please check our website to register for that: http://www.artiminds.com/software_demo.html

Albert

@Sebastien
I recommend you to try RoboDK:
www.robodk.com/download
You will have a 30-day trial. What are you using your UR robots for? I can help you prepare a simulation. You can use RoboDK for many offline programming applications. I invite you to to read the full description from UR's website:
http://www.universal-robots.com/plus/product/Simulation-and-Offline-Programming-with-RoboDK-22627/
Among other things, you can run programs directly from the computer. If you provide me with your email address I'll send you a manual to use UR robots with RoboDK.
If you have any questions I'll be happy to help.
Albert
anubiola@robodk.com

JacobBom
PeterWarburton

@Sebastien 

If you are going to use an OLP simulator you may need to calibrate your robot for absolute accuracy. Robots have great repeatability but very poor absolute accuracy (position errors of up to 7mm are common),  so poor that no manufacturer gives absolute accuracy figures.

In an OLP you will be programming in absolute coordinates so, depending on your accuracy requirements (eg a low-end CNC job) you will need to calibrate the robot(s) the program will run on.

Programs developed in the OLP will run on any calibrated robot (compared to taught programs that are only accurate on the robot they were taught on).

RoboDK, probably the least expensive OLP on the market, has an excellent calibration tool that can use Creaform's latest high-precision optical tracker to calibrate any make of robot on the shop floor without needing to return the robot to its manufacturer for calibration (which anyway only a few manufacturers offer). And RoboDK can output that program to almost any make of robot so your program can be multi-robot and cross-platform.

Creaform, a close neighbour to Robotiq in Quebec, is now offering robot calibration as a service or product. We also offer a high precision robot-mounted 3D scanner. If you need more information feel free to email me at peter.warburton@creaform3d.com 

Peter Warburton, Creaform

Moe

Albert said:
@Sebastien
I recommend you to try RoboDK:
www.robodk.com/download
You will have a 30-day trial. What are you using your UR robots for? I can help you prepare a simulation. You can use RoboDK for many offline programming applications. I invite you to to read the full description from UR's website:
http://www.universal-robots.com/plus/product/Simulation-and-Offline-Programming-with-RoboDK-22627/
Among other things, you can run programs directly from the computer. If you provide me with your email address I'll send you a manual to use UR robots with RoboDK.
If you have any questions I'll be happy to help.
Albert
anubiola@robodk.com

Albert,
I had tried 3 time download RoboDK 64 bits online. it downloaded successfully and installed to my computer. But after run program, I will be crashed ( disappeared) when I try to open file or create new project. I am running on Windows 10 64 bits.