Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
tylermartintylermartin Posts: 26Founding Pro Handy
edited August 2016 in Programming
I am trying to write a program for my UR to take parts from a plastic molding press and load them into a bin with 30 compartments, I'm having a little trouble figuring out all the steps to make a functioning pallet sequence and I wondered if you could help at all. I have dual grippers installed so my pattern is 15 points and the other 15 spots are filled by gripper 2 at the same time as gripper 1

So far I have  pattern list with all my points in it then the pallet sequence is after that:

-PalletSequence
      -Approach_1
      -PatternPoint_1
      - (I am unsure what to add here but I want the sequence to drop the parts in the compartment of the bin and go back to pick the next part from the press, then continue to the next point of my pattern.)
      - rq_open_and_wait (gripper_1,gripper_2)
      -Wait:0.01
      -Exit
>MoveJ
      -Clear_dunnage
      -Home
      [] write_output_integer_register(10,70)

have you done part packaging like this? is there something I am missing or will the program step through one pattern point at a time?

Tyler Martin

Automation Technician - Industrial Millwright - Industrial Electrician 
Ultra Manufacturing LTD. Waterloo, ON.

Best Answers

Comments

• Grady_TurnerGrady_Turner Posts: 67Founding Pro, Partner, Beta Tester VIsion 1.1 Program Handy
    @tylermartin  The pallet function relies on a loop for iteration through the pattern.  So a simple example structure of a program to 15 pick parts from one location and palletize them would like:

MoveL
           Home
    Loop 15 times
        MoveL
            Part_Pick_point
            Intermediate_point   //necessary point(s) to get from the machine to the pallet
        Pallet
            Pattern: Square      //Program these points at the anchor position, which is selected when "Pallet Sequence" is highlighted.  This is critical for offsets
               1st corner
               2nd corner
               3rd corner
               4th corner
            Pallet Sequence      //choose your anchor point accordingly
               Approach              //approach the bin "nests"
              Pattern_Point        //point at which you'd like to do your "work," in this case dropping parts
              Gripper open
              Exit                       //Exit the pallet, usually can be the same as approach point

If you do NOT have a loop for the pallet function, it will just go to the first location and that will be it.  The pallet must have an external loop to iterate through the pattern.  Does this make sense?
  • tylermartintylermartin Posts: 26Founding Pro Handy
    @Grady_Turner it does make sense for the most part, if "Loop 15 times" something you can write in with the loop function +15? I set up my pattern as points so there is 15 separate points, will that be the same as a square pattern for going to the next pattern? 

Tyler Martin

• Grady_TurnerGrady_Turner Posts: 67Founding Pro, Partner, Beta Tester VIsion 1.1 Program Handy
    @tylermartin  Little confused by your questions.  The Loop function has 3 options:  loop forever, loop a certain amount of times, or loop until a condition is met.  In the example above the second option would be used and it would loop 15 times exactly.  In most pallet applications this is sufficient, and you make the number of loops equal to the number of nests in the pallet.

Can you elaborate on the second question?  I know you mentioned using two grippers and dropping two parts at a time, so you will need to be careful how you teach the corners.
  • Alexandre_PareAlexandre_Pare Posts: 56 Crew
    @Grady_Turner
    I think what @tylermartin means is that he programmed all 15 pick points. The pallet square tool makes you point to the 4 corners of the square pattern and figure out the rest of the points mathematically. So you don't have to teach all positions to the robot. Does this make sense?

Alexandre Pare, Eng.
    Application Engineer
    Robotiq
    alexandre.pare@robotiq.com
  • tylermartintylermartin Posts: 26Founding Pro Handy
    @Grady_Turner I mean that I did not use the box function to set up my pattern I used the List function and set the 15 points.  I just wanted to know if the list option advances to the next pattern point the same way a box or square function would?

Tyler Martin

• Etienne_SamsonEtienne_Samson Posts: 333 Handy
    @tylermartin nice application and awesome beat in your video  :D
    Etienne Samson
    Technical Support Manager - Responsable soutien technique
    +01 418-380-2788 ext. 207
    esamson@robotiq.com
  • Samuel_BouchardSamuel_Bouchard Posts: 135 Handy
    Kudos @tylermartin for a great application! Thanks a lot for closing the loop on the advices received in the past to show what the winning solution was!

CEO & Co-Founder @ Robotiq

samuel@robotiq.com
  • Tyler_BerrymanTyler_Berryman Posts: 114 Handy
    @tylermartin Awesome video! Are the cable management sleeves an off the shelf product? Your robot setup looks really clean!
  • It's cool to see our babies at work : makes me proud of them! :'( Great job @tylermartin !

Louis-Alexis Allen Demers, ing., Eng., Ph. D.
    Chargé de projet / Project Manager
    demers@robotiq.com
  • matthewd92matthewd92 Posts: 462Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Handy
    Great job @tylermartin!  Looks really clean.