DoF - a Robotiq Community
Warning sign
The Dof Community was shut down in June 2023. This is a read-only archive.
If you have questions about Robotiq products please reach our support team.
Laurie

Hi everyone,

The 2-Finger robot hand from Robotiq has a complete software package available on ROS. The ROS Industrial software package for the 2-Finger robot hand is hosted on 
GitHub under the “robotiq_c_model_control” designation.

This ROS package can be used to control the C-Model through a driver node. Simple commands can be sent via the controller, like opening and closing the hand with a certain speed and strength. The gripper can also receive command to close or open to a precise position. The package also contains a node to listen and interpret the status of the gripper, called the status listener node. The package can be modified to send custom commands as your application needs to.

You can find enclosed to this publication the updated tutorial for the C-Model.

If you have any suggestions/comments for the tutorial, let me know and I'll be glad to make the change.

June

I have a problem when the command

$ rosrun robotiq_c_model_control CModelRtuNode.py /dev/ttyUSB0

is executed.

The LED becomes blue, but it becoms red soon.

I have a error massage below.

----------------------------------------------------------------

/home/user/catkin_ws/src/robotiq/robotiq_c_model_control/nodes/CModelRtuNode.py:65: SyntaxWarning: The publisher should be created with an explicit keyword argument 'queue_size'. Please see http://wiki.ros.org/rospy/Overview/Publishers%20and%20Subscribers for more information.
  pub = rospy.Publisher('CModelRobotInput', inputMsg.CModel_robot_input)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/user/catkin_ws/src/robotiq/robotiq_c_model_control/nodes/CModelRtuNode.py", line 89, in <module>
    mainLoop(sys.argv[1])
  File "/home/user/catkin_ws/src/robotiq/robotiq_c_model_control/nodes/CModelRtuNode.py", line 82, in mainLoop
    gripper.sendCommand()
  File "/home/user/catkin_ws/src/robotiq/robotiq_c_model_control/src/robotiq_c_model_control/baseCModel.py", line 101, in sendCommand
    self.client.sendCommand(self.message)
  File "/home/user/catkin_ws/src/robotiq/robotiq_modbus_rtu/src/robotiq_modbus_rtu/comModbusRtu.py", line 80, in sendCommand
    self.client.write_registers(0x03E8, message, unit=0x0009)
  File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/pymodbus/client/common.py", line 98, in write_registers
  File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/pymodbus/client/sync.py", line 83, in execute
  File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/pymodbus/transaction.py", line 64, in execute
  File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/pymodbus/client/sync.py", line 354, in _recv
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/serial/serialposix.py", line 460, in read
    raise SerialException('device reports readiness to read but returned no data (device disconnected?)')
serial.serialutil.SerialException: device reports readiness to read but returned no data (device disconnected?)

----------------------------------------------------------------